I had an epitome today, well possibly. Some concepts which I have been struggling with began to make a little sense. I still don't completely comprehend them, but for the first time I think I might be willing to accept it for what it is.
1. Belief is a powerful force. Our beliefs affect our perception of reality, but I believe it actually goes one step further. Our perceptions, thus our beliefs, affect reality itself. There are two possibilities as to how this may occur: our beliefs could simply affect our actions which then affect our surroundings, or our beliefs somehow wrap the very nature of reality itself. I do not know which is true, perhaps both. I acknowledge the latter is rather extreme, but I choose to not discount it, at least at this time.
2. There are other forces at work. However strong the force of our belief may be, there are always other, perhaps stronger or more precise, forces at work. The gravitational pull of the earth, in certain situations, can be overpowered by the pull of a small magnet. No matter how pure, good, noble, or strong our belief, other forces may overpower them at times.
3. I do not, and may never, fully comprehend. This bothers me, but I am accepting it. I do not understand the nature of the universe. I fully accept the fact that I currently do not know. I understand that I may never know.
Well thats it for right now. I'll expand on these concepts as time goes on. As my beliefs mature, these things I hold true will likely mature as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment